14 February, 2008

~ Something I did not know about Jell-O ~

I know a lot about Jell-O, but something I did not know is that a ramekin, just a 1/2 cup ramekin, falling from the second shelf in the cupboard (I swear it leaped!), will strike a bowl (actually an 8 cup Pyrex measuring cup) of Jell-O (quantity of four cups at that point) at the dissolving-in-boiling-water stage, with enough force to: a) shatter the ramekin; b) empty the bowl of more than one full cup of liquid (so said the measurements on the side of the cup); c) spray that more than one full cup of liquid a distance greater than four feet in all directions. Including up.

Did you know that?

Until this afternoon, I did not know that. Good thing I was wearing a black shirt.

I did not take pictures because: a) the Jell-O was running everywhere and, as it was not yet dissolved, it was drying and hardening in seconds; b) Jell-O stains light grey countertops (which I have)....especially when it is cherry-grape Jell-O (which is what I was making); c) having just had a Jell-O shower, I was too drippy and sticky to run through the house to get my camera bag; d) and was WAY too drippy and sticky to handle my camera.

My youngest son heard the noise and came to see what was going on. "What happened, Mum? OOOooooohhhh! Whoa!" This brought his next older brother to the kitchen asking, "What's going on? Holy crap, Lois! Gross! What is that?" They're such helpful boys. (rolling eyes)

My light grey counters are stained, but my walls, cupboards, floor, cannisters, oil bottle, toaster, taps, kettle, stove, bla, bla, bla, are clean and de-stickified. I have a suspicion I will be finding Jell-O spots for days.

Peace ~

3 comments:

MonaS! said...

I imagine you looked quite cute dripping in jello! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love that story, and your sense of humour! So glad I found your blog (from LS). BTW, if you still have jello stains on your counter, they will come off some of that spray cleaner - "Fantastic" is one of the brands. Don't ask me how I know. ;)

Just Rhonda said...

oh you poor girl!!! That jello goop feels so gross on your skin too! I've spilled my fair share before!!