03 June, 2008

~ 'Bye for now ~

My Uncle Lloyd was buried today.

At least, the part of him that most would recognise as my Uncle Lloyd was.

We know otherwise.

The man who was my Uncle Lloyd has gone on to other things, other places…and we have not. We weep, we keen, we sob until our bellies heave…and he remains gone. Will we ever run out of tears?

For as much as I understand these things, these life circles, these life cycles, I rage at them, they chafe. My aunt has lost her best friend. My mother has lost her hero. I cannot even say what I have lost the sorrow is so deep.

The kindest man, the most patient, the gentlest man, the most honest, is gone from the world. We are all poorer for it.

Thank you, Father, for the very great blessing of having such a man as an influential force in my life.

God keep you, Uncle Lloyd. In your words, the last words you said to me, “Bye for now.”


Peace ~

5 comments:

AmyInKy said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with your family. Thank you for sharing the beautiful layout of your uncle. God bless.

Anonymous said...

My heart broke as I read this & looked at your layout...hugs for you & yours...I hope you find the peace you always wish for others. Vee

Jayme said...

~Peace~ to you, Mylene.

~Kennie~ said...

Very sorry for your loss Mylene, he sounded like a very special man and will be greatly missed I'm sure.

God bless

Catherine said...

A beautiful and touching layout. Thanks for sharing it!