27 December, 2007

~ Regarding resolutions... ~

'Tis the season for making New Year's resolutions, for making promises to one's self about behaviour and/or lifestyle changes one plans to maintain, if not for the rest of one's life, then at least for the coming twelve months.

It seems also to be the season for proclaiming this resolve to one and all....whether or not they are interested...or are even listening.

Yes.

Right.

I have been asked one too many times this week about the New Year's resolutions I have made. Well....I have this to say about that, and let me make this perfectly plain:

I do not make New Year's resolutions.

Period.

There are two reasons for this: A) I am not short on will-power, oh no! I have plenty of will-power, it is won't-power I am lamentably lacking: B) I don't believe in setting myself up for failure.

(chuckling)

Happy New Year to you all, poppets!

Peace ~

3 comments:

pamala said...

Happy New Year to you too!!! I look forward to reading more of your beautiful words strung together like pearl necklaces into stories that entrance, amuse, and inspire.
You are truly the Wordsmith. :)

Nicole Drewniak said...

Happy New Year Em!

MonaS! said...

Wishing you a very blessed New Year, my friend! I look forward to more inspiration and encouragement from you in 2008. You are a truly amazing woman!